Sunday 17 August 2014

What No Comments?

Thanks to everybody who commented on the JamVM 2.0.0 release, and apologies it's taken so long to approve them - I was expecting to get an email when I had an unmoderated comment but I haven't received any.

To answer the query regarding Nashorn.  Yes, JamVM 2.0.0 can run Nashorn.  It was one of the things I tested the JSR 292 implementation against.  However, I can't say I ran any particularly large scripts with it (it's not something I have a lot of experience with).  I'd be pleased to hear any experiences (good or bad) you have.

So now 2.0.0 is out of the way I hope to do much more frequent releases.  I've just started to look at OpenJDK 9.  I was slightly dismayed to discover it wouldn't even start up (java -version), but it turned out to be not a lot of work to fix (2 evenings).  Next is the jtreg tests...

No comments: